bristlenose

lpiasente

I thought bristlenose were peaceful fish. I have had 3 die in the last 2 weeks. The have had the bag beaten out of them. I did have 2 large male bristlenose, one of them was the first to die followed by 2 smaller males. My guess would be the larger one is doing it??? What do you think?

Gosh I have another dead one. I was watching my fish and a young bristle nose was swimming over the driftwood one minute and later I looked and one of the big guys was on top of it ,fins ripped and a missing eye. He was dead.He must be killing them. Problem is I have 2 big males and I'm not sure which one is the killer

The 2 big ones that are left are only about 7cm but the smaller ones are from 3cm and up. I thought one of these 2 was a girl but after seeing them again today they are both boys. I did have some babies a while back but I haven't sighted any for a while.They were the size of a tadpole.Soooo cute

Wow they are huge compared to the ones I have here...mine are like 1.5cm head to tail if that! I think their parents might spawn again soon too, the male has made himself a home under one of the larva rocks which is acting as kind of a natural cave and shovelled all the gravel out from under it. He's very territorial over it too, the Peppermint male tried to share it with him the other day and was promptly shunted out. I need to have a good look and see if the female is in there too..I don't think there's enough room for them to spawn but I may be wrong. I'm thinking I might grab some river stones I have here and make like a bomb shelter then place the lava rock on top so it's a larger cave..might even silicone them together....now there's an idea

Archived