neon tetra disease

kat

:P started with ten tetras and am now down to five. after some research it sounds like ntd, but is there a way to be sure? all symptoms seem to fit! i have also read that it is incurable, but some have said to use Protozin. will Protozin harm my other fish, i have 2 gouramis and 2 sharks who are all happy?? Help!!! :fun:

Throw up a list of the signs and a rough timeline :P There are a few things that can look much like NTD, so many fish illnesses have overlapping symptoms. I suspect that the ones that suggest Protozin were probably dealing with something that looked similar, but it is hard to say without lab testing to confirm.

How old is the tank? How large? How long was it running before you put the neons in? What kind of filter? I lost some neons last year to what I thought at the time was NTD but I'm now pretty sure I added them before the tank was sufficiently cycled.

I was in a LFS recently (In SA), and i asked him if he had any neon tetras ( to put in my new tank).

He said they weren't stocking them atm, as there is some sort epidemic going around atm with them.... I was at this shop about a week and half ago..

However i went to another LFS a couple days ago , that had a tank full of them and hadn't heard of anything up with them.. I didn't buy any just in case.

I have a couple of them in my small tank, but i have had them for ages, and they seem to be ok :P

Archived