T5 Aquarium light on ebay

Anasfire

Below is a link to a 4ft T5 light I'm considering buying for my 4ft Tiger Oscar tank. To be fair I don't really need it seeing as I can't really keep plants in it because he'll rip them up but I'm thinking more in the long term. Eg if I ever get another 4ft tank or the Oscar is rehomed or dies I could plant it out really well (provided I get the CO2 issue sorted) it's always good to have proper lighting.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/4FT-Double-T5-54W-H...1742.m153.l1262

Will this light be good for plant growth? Can anyone see any potential problems I may have with it?

Depends on what plants you get and how much light they need... I think it is recommended to have 2 watts of light per gallon of water... i think that equals 0.54 watts per litre....did the calculation the other day... cant remember if that is entirely correct.

Tubes are 10000K ea and there's 2 of them (no I didn't add an extra 0 it's meant to have 4 of them!). Logan seems to love his new light. Just a shame I can't put any plants in with him:( I'm supposedly getting another 4ft tank in a few weeks so I might put the light above that and plant it out, stocked with Bolivian Butterflies!!!! OMG Heaven!

Anyway here's a few pics of the tank with the light over it. I originally couldn't get the bracket things to work so it would hold it above the tank...that was until I realised I had them on the wrong ends. Worked that out and it's all sweet now.

SUC30150.jpg

SUC30152.jpg

Archived