Is he a young crown tail?

lpiasente

I found this little boy about 6weeks ago in a tank wth 12 other girls. He was laying on the floor of the tank half dead and getting beaten. Well I knew if I left him there he would die as the very experienced :) shop owner wouldn't listen that he was a boy. Anyway with lots of tlc and good food he pulled through. He has started sprouting and now he has little spikes growing from his fins. Is he a young crown tail? TinyBoy.jpg

He's got the fringeing on all the unpaired fins and it looks pretty even at the moment. The combtail ray extensions can be very nice when they're even. I think combtails get a bad rap pretty unfairly. To classify as crowntail the webbing between the rays has to be reduced by a third of the fin length.

yep i'd say he's definitely a combtail, with any luck he might turn out to be something like my avatar boy when he grows up but maybe without the spread my boy has, more vt-ish and maybe not have as much webbing reduction as mine, try to keep him healthy and exercise him, take few flaring pics :)

Archived