Guys l've got a question .... about infursoria

lyrical

Ok l came home tonight and found that 1 of my pairs of ramirezi has laid a batch of eggs ....thats my 48 litre tank ...

my question is ....l was wondering about infursoria to feed the fry with once they hatch ...l've got a 5 litre hexagonal tank full of baby mystery snails (apple snails) and l was wondering if l took say a cup full of water out of that tank and put it in my 48 litre tank would that assist in the growth of infursoria in time for the hatching of the ram fry ...would it help feed them for a couple of days ..or would l need to keeping adding water from the tank with the snails in it ??????????. Or do l need a microworm culture to feed them with...they're in a tank with a female fighter , numerous platies ..2 clown loaches (so hence why there isnt any snails in this tank ).. another pair of rams and 4 pepper cories ....any adivce would be helpful ....

Ideally you should try to remove the fry and raise them separately. The other fish are very likely to eat them eventually. The parents might be able to keep the others at bay for a little while but not forever. If you have lots of plants in there then there should be some infusoria in the tank. Just because there aren't any snails doesn't mean there aren't any micro-organisms. But they should be able to eat bbs nearly straight away. So be hatching bbs for them rather than worrying about the infusoria.

• 4 weeks later...

How did the fry go? Any success?

I used to keep a jar of tank water, pond weed, 2-3 pond snails and some lettuce on the kitchen window sill. I would sometimes sprinkle flakes in and give it a swirl. Did really well and always had some on hand to pour into the spawn tanks - which would then go berserk and bloom like crazy in a few days. It can go bad though, so always have a sniff every now & then. If starts smelling check the snails and change the water with water from a tank.

Archived