moss wall

ive tried it before as a floor mat, i think it would of looked better if i had the right lights and it grew quick

the only thing i can think of is make sure that its hard against the back glass otherwise some fish might try to swim behind it and get stuck

All the mosses are fairly slow growing so patience is key. Of course that depends on how much moss you started off with and how big a wall you were trying to create. It will look like that eventually. Make sure you're got the correct lighting. Needs to have a colour spectrum between 6000K - 10000K. Normal fluoros (T8) are a lot cheaper at regular lighting shops and hardware stores. You should be able to find some that put the tube specs on the packaging. I think Phillips and Crompton tubes usually do.

Divy ..I was thinking of having a go at it..Depends on how much it will cost for moss..The mesh is in a kit from aquaticmagic on e-bay and has more than enough mesh . suction doodads and tie wires to make a few but I would only want to make 1 thats 30cms x 20 cms.

I thought it would be a nice backdrop for a tank set up for my male guppies.

I've never made moss wall but I have been growing some X'mas moss, they grow very slow unless u have co2 in ur tank. For any plants, if you want them to grow well all you need is to give them enough co2 & light(6500k would be the best for green plants).

I was looking a x.mas moss as it looks nice and is cheaper than other mosses. If I have to run Co2 and have special lights then I have to think a bit harder about how much I want to do this.

It really does make a nice feature BUT I dont want to spend big dollars.

Archived