3-5 Days

Tara

Hi

I have been looking at fastway as I'm thinking of shipping my fish when I checked out the website it said from Cairns to Sydney would be 3 to 5 days is this too long for a fish to be in transit or would I be better looking at AAE for shipping to Sydney.

I've had some fish get lost in transit for that length of time and they were alive and well when they finally arrived. I find with Fastway if you handle them properly and understand how they work, in more cases than not they will deliver within the lower number of days. So you can usually expect that it will only take 3 days to get to Sydney which should be fine. AAE is much faster, less stressful for the fish but also more expensive.

it takes 3 - 5 days, but that's assuming they pick your fish up the day they are supposed to ... and don't send them to Melbourne when they are addressed elsewhere ... which is not unprecedented. A 3 - 5 day estimate doesn't leave much margin for error. There is less risk to the fish if you use AAE in that scenario.

Yes, tears and yelling seem to be part and parcel of sending fish by road courier. Well actually even by air they have been known to be misplaced or given to someone else. None of the courier companies seem to give a rats proverbial about how they handle your shipment or even if it ever gets delivered. That's why we should all work hard to convert lots and lots of people in our local area to the hobby, then we never have to ship, we just swap fish with our neighbours. Like people used to do with their homegrown vegies.

Archived