native elodea type thingy

jusdeb

I just bought 2 bunches of native something ( pet shop said elodea ) anyway since I trimmed the tops off for a neater fit in the betta tanks , I was wondering if the off cuts will grow.

Ive bunched them and planted into my community tank ( cut end down ).

Will this bunch grow ( assuming the gouramis will get sick of pulling at them )???? Thanx

OK got home from work today and my Pink boy has shredding to his tail. Chili has splits also but not as bad . The only thing that has changed is the introduction of the plants mentioned.....Ive since taken them out and put them into my big tank much to the jot of my gouramis. PC240041.jpg

PC240042.jpg

I dont know what this is or if it is known to be troublesome for fighters but it is the only thing I can think to shred their fins .

It looks like elodea, it is classified as a noxious weed and is now illegal to sell in NSW (i couldn't believe the guy at one of the pet shops in town charged my mother heaps for it too!) We have it in most of our tanks (Pulled out of channels around town) and it doesn't bother any of our fish, its floating in the fighters tanks and planted in our native temporary tank.

$11.00 for 2 good bunches....doesnt look too bad in my community tank but it kind of cuts against the grain being banned and all.

Saw pics on google of it blocking up drainage channels and what not and since the Macquarie feeds a lot of these channels I think I should send a few emails .

Council / fisheries / national parks and wildlife should get the ball rolling..

This is the same dick that upped me about keeping bettas in large tanks coz its CRUEL ...well its payback time.....HELL HAS NO FURY well you know the rest.

Archived