budget betta accommodation

Puggle

Veronia, how many litres are in each of those tubs? I'm asking because I think I can see the sides of the shelving bowing out a bit - but maybe it's just the angle the pic's taken from that makes it appear that way. I can't remember how much weight each shelf can take, but one litre weighs approx 1 kilogram. I don't want to see your fishies swimming on the floor! Sue

The room is heated. It's about 19-21*C during winter, which isn't ideal but it's not too bad. They're 9L tubs, so three of them would weigh 27kg at most. The shelves should be strong enough. They're supposed to hold up to 50kg each. They're not perfectly flat though. They kind of sink in the middle and some were a bit warped (although it could just be because I built them <_< ). If you were going to use them for glass tanks, you'd need some thick styrofoam to even it out.

Looks great Veronica, I have nearly the exact same thing, but i have put overflows and inlets in them and have them in a system with a sump etc. They are great and i need to find some containers like yours so i can fit more on my shelves :scared:

I use the same shelves, and they hold at least 40L per shelf just fine, but they do bow/buckle a tiny bit. I would ideally like to cut plywood to size and put it over each shelf to even it out a bit more. I make do with thick newspaper.

Archived