I have a live worm in my tank

I Love My Fishies

I have a live worm in my Betta's tank I have no idea were it came from it is a salmony pink colour with a red zig zag stripe down the back of it (which looks like a vein or something)

I have been feeding my Betta frozen worms and have not yet feed him a live worm so I have no idea where this guy has come from (I did put a new snail in the tank a couple of days ago but I don't think that would have been the source as its a pretty sizeable worm)..... I am pretty sure it is a worm.

will it be ok to leave it in the tank?

Yeah some worm does not harm your fish, I used to have my betta in 2.5 gallon tank, all with gravel and live plant.

After 2 - 3 week when iam doing 100% water change, i saw couple of worm under my gravel they red colour and they are pretty long, but i dont see any effect on my fish. some of my tank also go effected by planaria (white very tiny like string everywhere in my glass) even i change water every week, and do 20% water change every 2 days, but as long as they dont do harm to the fish its Ok. You can try fluke eliminator from your LFS to get rid of the worm without doing 100% wc, or you can just do 100% WC and done ! :)

Archived