2 New CT Girlies

y2jdaze

Well I went to FBs yseterday to have a look and told myself ok NO BOYS...but I allowed myself to get girlies if they were there and they had 5 nice CT girlies :thumbs:

Was hard coming home with only 2 of them lol

this one is a nice Cambo girl :)

480284.jpg

and there's this girly, blue and red with silvery bits :P she's really hard to take pics of as she's an aggressive fast moving girly.

480286.jpg

480285.jpg

comments welcome :)

~Stacey

make that just the cambo girly.... the blue girl was dead this morning! not a single mark on her.... maybe she was constipated or the worming treatment killed her? the other 2 (the cambo and the other girly I tossed in there) are absolutely fine?

dare I mention the Cambo girl is now also dead?

same thing. not a single nick on her anywhere....both girls were very fat looking... eggbound? and the other girl is still fine as are all my other fishies...

argh i HATE *mystery deaths*

I wouldn't know what columnaris is ?? - does it show symptoms? I mean from PERFECT to dead in like less than 12 hours?

absolutely no sign of anything - disease or otherwise!

and the other girl is still fine!

(pretty sure she had ventrals, just tucked up in the pics)

Columnaris can wipe out your fish pretty fast. However, as far as I'm aware, columnaris and a lot of the other things that kill our fish, are in the water the whole time. Poor water quality increases their numbers and at the same time lowers the fish's resistance and then whammo. Very sorry to hear about your fish.

lol this was a completely unrelated occurence in my normal girly tank (which has been stable for months) the 2 new girls were isolated in their own tank within the spawn tank - not sharing water with anyone. and I just threw Krystal in with them for extra company so SHE shared water with them but this girl Luna was in my normal girly tank....I'm thinking maybe they mighta been a bit nippy and someone got her in the eye and an infection took?

*big sigh of relief*

pop eye can be caused by stress, and the cloudy bit is infection, but the stress of being bullied may have bought it on. just try keeping her in a seperate tank where she can't see the other girls and see how she goes :dontknow:

Archived