DIY Fish Tank

brettc777

I'd just ring a glazier and ask. They can tell you over the phone. Have you made a 2 ft tank before? I've made some really small tanks (10 x 15 x 20cm) and it was so messy I don't think I'll ever do it again. If you're good at making tanks can you give us some tips? Or better still, YouTube the whole thing ^_^ Yeah... I've upgraded from asking for photos to asking for videos! :P

You want a video heres a video for ya http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ExwJaGvWGs...ted&search= LMAO at the dogs :(

Sorry not my video, was trying to be lazy and find someone on youtube who has already done it. These guys are just setting up a tank.

And becuase you wanted a video so much i was happy to find you a video on making a fish tank stand. I mean whats a tank with out the stand. If your left thinking what the heck is that!!!!! your not alone. But me with my sense of humour i found it funny :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDF-B10dEpA

• 2 months later...

quick question...but why buy NEW glass??? you can usually find some good, thick glass at the local recycling center/tip dump for free or really cheap! secondhand shops and auctions are good sources too! then all you have to do is clean it with a bit of bleach and voila! one cheap tank :)

my mum does a lot of lead lighting and likes the older glasses...so yeah....that's how i found most of my glass!

do not use 2nd hand glass unless you REALLY know what you are doing. Laminate is poisonous. Old float glass can be thin and brittle one end.

Buy premade. its a whole heap easier and cheaper - not to mention the public liability and insurance considerations.

J

uhn i've always got my mum and then the actual glass guy to look at the glass before i nab it (good thing about small towns, everyone is close by!) so i've never had any problems like that with glass, and i guess i didn't think about how other people would go about choosing their second hand glass :-/

Archived