spawning angels

brother bear

Howdy gang

I've cracked the darkies on my betta's for the minute the pair has been in the spwan tank for 2 weeks now with nothing happening, so i'm kicking them out to make room for angel fry

My pair of koi angels have spawned in the 4ft community tank i estimate about 200 eggs, i'll have some pics up shortly

BB

Thanks Lisa

i'm going to move them as wrigglers, they didn't lay on the pipe this time because i was on to them i sectioned of a section of the tank to make them comfortable and they layed on a nice big sword leaf, i've decided to let the parents do the hard work and i will move them to a grow out tank when they have tails

I'm uploading some pics now

BB

Those are great pics! Do you think its possible that you actually have a pair of females? Ive read taht females can pair up and spawn, then eventually just eat eachothers eggs.

If they do it again, i would suggest removing theleaf and putting it into a sepearte tank with and airstone on low flowing past the eggs for good water movement. Would be interesting to see if they actually hatch :)

no the big fella is definatly a male, i was out all day today and a couple of fish broke through the barrier so i'm not sure who ate them but someone did.

i will be doing it myself next time this is the 4th time i've let the parents take control and i've lost them every time so no more mr nice guy

Archived