Mysis shrimp

Bettarazzi

start them on very clean food like washed mysis shrimp or daphnia (the fibre helps gut function return)

Can someone tell me what mysis shrimp are? Google came up with packaged mysis shrimp by Hikari but I couldn't find it on the online stores.

They are a SW shrimp, similar to brine shrimp, but their shells are a little tougher and they seem a bit meatier to me.

My bettas quite like them, but they can be a bit of a mouthful. as they don't really 'mush up' as much as a defrosted brine shrimp. Takes a bit of chumping to get them down.

If you've ever bought the nutrifin dried river shrimp, they look kinda like that, but smaller :)

I have the Hikari ones in my freezer :)

I haven't seen freeze-dried that I remember, but you can definitely get them in flat pack and blister pack in the frozen food section of most aquarium shops. If you are having trouble finding them, try a pet shop that sells marine fish or seahorses :)

We have them in our freezer but never tried them on bettas. We also have ocean plankton left over from when I had my Chocolate Cichlid and that is bigger and the blocks stay in a clump even thawed. The Oscars lovely the Mysis Shrimp but I have to put the blocks in frozen lol.

Archived