new boy

Celeste84

i caved in and grabbed the green/yellow boy today - he's not quite 180, but with exersise he should get there, he has a LOT of branching and scalloped edges to his fins, so he's either gonna be a RT or a feather tail ;) he's also metallic BWAHAHA! my breeding stock is increasing ;)

only two quick pics to show his colour, i'll try and get a pics of him flaring tomorrow after he's settled in :(

100_6231.jpg

100_6210.jpg

he cost me $30 ;) i was really happy about that ;)

this is a feather tail:

http://www.bettashow1.hpg.ig.com.br/FEATHERTAIL.htm

they get the scalloped edges to their fins, which can be quite pronounced, but they don't get the massive folding and ruffling of a rosetail :( i think he'll be RT as most feather tails have the branching of the rays coming off one main ray (like a feather, hence the name) where as rosetail has normal ray splitting...just a lot more of it than usual. although i had one male who had the feather tail scalloping without the weird ray splits before, so who knows *shrugs*

i've got no more room for them :);;

i've got 10 males already and 15 or so girls, so there's not much room left at all.

well he still won't flare for me, even when he's in the photo tank :-/ these are the best pics i could get of him

100_6260small.jpg

100_6281small.jpg

wow... he really is a great looking boy!!!

sucks about the room though, we all wish to have all the nice bettas in the world though lol :)

i really like his tail though... you still think he will be RT?

*nods* i've had a few young RT, and they've all looked like that at first. i'd say he isn't going to be a really heavy RT, just enough scalloping and folding for it to look really nice :P

and yeah i should set up a more efficent barracks, but, i like my boys to have lots of space and the UV filter as well :)

id rather have more space and less fish then less space and more fish and im sure everyone else would too.. sorry but where the h*ll is werris creek? i want a feather tail now lol.

ohhh is that like somewhere up near calala bay or something? geez... they have all those nice fish here.. and the countrys highest population city cant even get a bloody delta in a shop.

Archived