DIY C02 accessories

Jess

I am not rich enough (yet :() To get a full on C02 system for my tank. But I have come across a C02 diffuser on ebay for $35 here

Has anyone used one of these? Anyone willing to try one out? I am sort of interested in using one although not sure if it is worth the money.

:( good try!

So you think it is worth the try? They are others on the market, this one looks like it would do the trick and it is quite small so it won't take up much room in the tank.

I just need a way to measure the C02 - cheaply!

I don't really understand how it works. I get that the CO2 bubble will slowly spiral throught the unit and dissolve in the water in the bell but how does the CO2-rich water in the bell get distributed through the tank. Does it just rely on the water movement in the tank to carry it around? What's moving the water in the tank around? It looks kinda cute though. And if I had $41 to spare I'd be pretty tempted to try it. But I tempt pretty easy. In my two planted tanks the CO2 bubbles are delivered into the intake of the external canister filter, and the venturi of the internal power filter. I like powerheads. They're so useful. You can use it to diffuse CO2, pump water in and out of tanks, or turn your corner box filter into an ammonia-munchin-monster.

The water movement in the tank will disperse it and can use it to count the bubbles to help measure how much is going in.

Also, another benefit is that you don't have to make up as much if your DIYing as the diffuser will dissolve each bubble into the water, making it more efficient then hooking it up to a powerhead and hoping it all mixes well enough.

Archived