Filter

crdave

Hi everyone, I have 3 divided tanks that are 24"x12"x12" divided into 4 cells with a section at the back for the heater. These tanks are housing male Bettas. What I would like to do is build a filtration system for themand was wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

i used to do this method with the smaller size gutter guard. it worked for a while, until i decided to start fiddling with it a bit too much. then the folder clips just came unglued :lookaround: . if you have some space underneath the "back" you could glue a strip of gutter guard at the bottom of it and use whichever filter you will be using at the back. that will stop the fish from running away and still maintian a good flow thru it. just make sure you glue it real well :o

how much space you have behind? i have just done a sponge pumped filter out of extra material i had and all i used was the pump and the sponge. at the bottom of the pump there is this grilled tube and all i did was fit the sponge there and put the filter on the back (left or right dont matter) bottom corner, then you adjust the outlet to face the back wall of the aquarium. that should create enough watermovement/suction to filter the gunk into the sponge and enouh to swirl it all around.

Archived