Pineapple?

Celeste84

well i got this girl off erren - she's a nice giant with a good temper :yes:

when i first got her she was just red and irid with white BF edging.

then she got some black splodges - i thought she might have been sick but decided to wait and see.

today i had a good look at her and THIS is what i see:

Posted Image

is she a true pineapple or will the black fill in the scales as well??

I thought the name pineapple itself referred to yellow fish with the black scaling. My very first Aquabid plakat was a pineapple with white BF along the edges. I never named him so I always referred to him as "my pineapple" :lol: I spawned him with a red female and out came some very very pretty fish; what Lisa has dubbed 'Red pineapple', the sort of colour your fish shows. Now it's more of a line name than the colour, I'd describe it as Stephen has, as what many Aquabid sellers refer to as 'lavender': Reddish with purplish irridenscence, often with black scaling and BF pattern. Either way, a very pretty fish. Any idea of it's parentage?

See, to me lavendar doesn't quite cover it. The black pattern through the scales is the same as the one through the yellow fish, and although not "correct" description I'd say it would be more accurate to say she was X colour with pineapple patterning, much like you would say something is royal blue butterfly, or metallic green masked.

Archived