Honey gourami + new addition: is it a girl?

Ciara

Hi again

Well today I went to my LFS after stopping off next door to get some rabbit pellets... and I got what is supposedly a female gourami, hopefully will try and spawn with my male - if in fact it is a girl. :P

Can you all please take a look at her (she is half the size, just a wee bubba) and tell me if you think it is male, or female?

Thankyou!

Apologies for my poor photo-taking skills. :P:P

Posted Image

Posted Image

And my boysie, nearly all coloured up, unfortunately the flash always makes him fade after the first pic! He had a pure black mask just seconds before I took this pic. :(

Posted Image

Starting to fade already!

Posted Image

Doppelganger! LOL *what u lookin at mister*

Posted Image

Thanks someone! :D I love Colisa chuna too, I just wish I had a girl to put with my male! :blink: Oh well, the new baby boy can live in the community tank, he has settled in really well so far and seems very happy, swimming around pecking at plants and food. No wonder my big male coloured up and flared at him, he must have known it wasn't a girl. :blink: I'll put the new boy in his own tank in due course, and then I might hopefully have two pairs.... better take Faewyn with me next time I go to the LFS! :)

Looks like male, it has got pointies! If you didnt have chicken pox at your house I would and see for myself (and pinch that spare tank :blink:) Edit: I will take the newby and give you a female?

:blink: Darn my skills at sexing colisa chuna, and darn the playgroup kids for infesting mine with chickenpox! :) You can have my new boysy Faewyn, he is tiny though and won't be ready to spawn for awhile. Don't worry bout buying me another, the bub was only $4... :D Have to wait for a few weeks though, til my festy children are safe to mingle with again. :blink:

:lol: The new gourami boy ( ;) ) is slightly different in personality to my bigger male. He isn't as shy and seems very happy this morning, mingling with the guppies and co. He is so small!!! Also he has slightly more reddish colouring so will be interesting to see how he turns out when he is bigger. He'll be here waiting til the chickenpox epidemic is over! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

ciara, i have a female dwarf guorami that you're welcomed to her name is pancake and well... she's one tough cookie (evil girl too... loves to play pranks on the corys) I'm not quite sure how to post a pic of her (I have tons) but she loves to eat and eat and eat and eat and play pranks and eat

Archived