Giant X's

howlsn

I cant wait either. Lilli has done a sibling cross at her place with my pair and the fry that are coming up are just beautiful, some are less than a cm long and already have a bf pattern. Its strange because the majority of the fry are about 1cm and there are a couple in there that seem to be almost 3cm!!

I had a HUGE spawn but a nasty insect in the water hiding in the plants ate the vast majority until I realised that they were being eaten not hiding & did a fast rescue & swap of tank for the remainder. I think I've got about 20left sadly but will still be fun to see how they turn out until I spawn them again.

Yep...darn things! :rant: Used the same spawning tank/plants etc. but assume they must have been too little to worry the orange spawn but got enough size & numbers to wipe out about 90% of the giant x spawn. My tank was heavily planted & assumed the fry were just hiding but noticed less & less then investigated to find the little suckers killing fry infront of me :o:(( so I rushed a fry swap into a spare plantless tank so I could seek & destroy any unwanteds. Left me with about 20fry but I like small spawns so I'm disappointed but happy with what I have left until I can spawn parents again when I get an idea on how these turn out.

Archived