My First Betta Has A New Friend!

E-n

well i decided to go check out some LFS and the one where i found this guy always had dying fish in lil cups but i decided "meh it's on the way so might as well!"

and i found Posted Image

what color is he?

now he's more chilled out than my DT, is that okay? or maybe he's just gotta get used to being in a tank and not a jar!

i'm so happy i've found this guy! he looks awesome!!!

phil- i don't really see many nice fish around at all! mostly VT (but they're starting to come in all cool colors and patterns now too!) it's just i've been doing the petshop rounds lately (on hols) and i guess it's been good timing! he still tends to hide a lot, when it comes to feeding time he only eats a few frozen bloodworm and when i took the card out so he can flare at his doubletail buddy he only backed off scared while the doubletail went nuts!!!

are they in two adjacent tanks?? because if they are try using a mirror at first, i found my more timid fish would flare at their reflections more readily than at other real fish :( now they have no problem flaring at the neighbours because they "scared off" their rivals <-- mirror removed at this point LOL HTH :(

yep 2 adjacent! i did notice that he does flare at himself, he's a little shy about it (flares for a bit then backs off, then flares again and backs off) and he doesn't go psycho like the DT, who flares and swims up and down while looking at the reflection... i'll do a couple weeks mirroring then see how he goes without. thanks celeste! although... i would like to set up a tank with females in it... hehehehe

Archived