How Did I Not Know This?

Callatya

I have some issues with algae in my main tank. I have NEVER had algae (bar some tufty stuff on my java fern last Xmas after a very lazy period of no water changes) but this tank is full of it. Diatoms, brown fluff, green spots, green strings, green tufts and *shudder* what looks a bit like a spot of blue-green. A friend of mine breeds BN and I went over and picked up 5 on the weekend (after having a nice long nap on his couch) and these are making short work of it all. I thought maybe i should scour off the stuff on the glass to give them a chance, but the thing has been in the 2 days and there is hardly a speck left on the glass at all! AND I've only added 2 into that tank, and adult female and a juvie male. I'm feeling a bit better about this whole mixed community thing now :lol:

I remember my first pair were the first things I put in my 3ft... I thought I cleaned it pretty well, but I could see lines on the glass where they had sucked it clean. :P Yes, my babies are cute, Rob. ;) I actually managed to grab the two youngies out of the 5ft without pulling out all my plants! I'm sure they'd love to eat your algae. :P

Archived