How To Differentiate "female" Hm,hmpk,pk,ct,etc

Erren

I assumed most of us are quite familiar with different type of male. But what about female? Most LFS in store sell short fin kind of female; which all to me looks like plakat female. I do aware that CT female has round short fin like plakat female but has kind of sharp edges. The rest? i have not idea. I would much appreciate if anyone could share some of their info. I did search through some female pics on Aquabid. I'm quite comfortable differentiating a PK female with a HM female. But PK female and HMPK female looks the same to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Thx a lot. the article helps a lot. I was wondering whats the different between single-tail female and plakat? i never heard of STF before. OMG the veil tail looks like plakat and one of them looks like HM. It will take me ages in order to master these. By the way, i've just looked at females picture in aquabid. I could differentiate HMPK and PK female. HMPK female is much more similar with HM female than PK female. The pointed anal fin is the difference. Cool. So, is it possible to get a HMPK from HM and PK spawn? I mean is HMPk a mix between HM and PK?

• 2 months later...

a HMPH female has a binary split in her rays at the very least, a normal PK girl will have either single rays or one split in her rays :P that rule follows for all females - 4 or more endings to the one ray is usually a HM girl. even non HM girls and PK can spread to 180degrees easily :P also a PK female (HM or not) may have either the rounded or spade shaped tail, so it can be really tricky to tell them all apart :blush: and i'd imagine that you'd get some HMPK in the second gen, since the first gen would all be longtailed with PK genes (PK being recessive to long) :P (plz excuse my bad spelling :);; )

Archived