Betta Jars

marc

these are great 1. 8 l glass pickle jars from plasdene in brissy and they are great .I,d like to get more but you need to buy a $50 minimum order that is about thirty jars. Cheap really at $1.80 each. I looked at the plastic 2 litre as well but I prefer glass as it doesn,t discolour from heat sterilization or scratch from use. The price is set by plasdene so you have to ask ...I used pine skirting board 20 mm x 150mm for the shelves ( simple bookshelf construction) I hope to do another wall similar in the fish room which would hold another set of 32 jars .There is a table or wide shelf in front of the shelf which has a temporary drain hole and pipe to dispose of the used water onto the lawn outside. The table /bench drain hole is very user friendly but cleaning the jars is a repetetive job .. I,d love a proper sink and dishwasher in there but my wife tells me I,m dreaming.

• 1 month later...

Callatya, you can buy those jars (almost exact ones, 2L capacity) from 'The Warehouse' for about $1.95 each. I use them for temporary betta housing and brine shrimp hatching. Marc, I'm always envoius of people who have the room to keep more than a couple of bettas :yes: nicely done!

Archived