Betta Standards

marc

When I,m sorting fish,(even buying fish) ,I really do not have a trained eye. what is the best way for me to learn what the competition betta standards are and apply them to my fish selections.Is their illustrated standards ie prints or photo form for the varieties and colours available as a learning tool?.

Hi Marc, The best website i can suggest is www.bettysplendens.com if you look down the left side menu, they have articles on the tail-types and show you how to recognise the difference such as a HM from a SD, it also shows colour types and genetics to do with colour types and tail types, mendelian ratios and stuff like that. i hope that helps!

hey Marc. the IBC has a thumping great booklet that has current show standards in it, and I believe it has just been updated. Its available on joining (which sort of makes sense, and sort of doesn't. IMO the way to raise the quality across the board is to make standards freely available, but there ya go :)) There is also a selection of freebies (IBC has a HM one free for download) and pages in the library forum archives :)

Archived