Black Green Lace Male

Leela

HI all,

Thought I might post some pics of my Naiyana male that people were rather interested in...

I have decided to name him 'Kif', in keeping with the Futurama theme that my favourite bettas get. :scared:

Here's what he used to look like..

Old pic

Here's what he looks like now, after his o/s trip.. :lol:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Naughty boy, he's still chewing too... Hopefully he will de-stress soon. I still think he's beautiful, and like Lilli said, it'll be much easier to throw him in the spawning tank now.... yay! :D

Go Kif! :D

Silly fish - alot of lillis chewed on their way down last night which is dissapointing, but fins grow back :scared: If he is still chewing, just make sure that he cannot see any other fish - i had a few that chewed instead of flaring when another betta was in view.

With some 'generic' coloured fish it can be hard to say if its the same - although i do know from experience in buying from aquabid that fish can totally change colour etc but i could still tell it was the same via certain parts. is he flaring, or abit of a sulker at the moment?

He's still sulking. He's extremely friendly actually, always comes over to say hello, sits in my hand in the water etc. A lover not a fighter I guess! Or maybe he's just embarrassed when he looks in the mirror! :) Hopefully he's just sulking for the moment, once I get him all better perhaps he will be a bit more aggressive. Cheers L

OH no, sorry I'm giving you the wrong impression. :) He still eats, investigates everything, swims a lot, tries to jump out of the water to eat the food when I'm feeding him etc :) but just won't flare at the moment. I'm not too bothered, as long as he's acting normally in other fishy ways. I'll try the mirror again this morning, just to see... fingers crossed.

Goodluck :) My CG OHM jumped out of the water to grab a mouth full of Defrosted adult brine shrimp for the very first time yesturday afternoon. I feed my fish live or frozen foods through an eye dropper, and yesturday a glob of BS was dangling half in/half out of the dropper, and as I went to feed it to him, he leapt up and grabbed it :D That was the highlight of my day ofcourse :) Oh, he also flares at my finger now, and attacks the plastic rim of his mirror when I pull it out of his tank, he even tries to jaw-lock with the mirror (not the glass, just the rim). And he used to be a pathetic little sulker 2 or 3 months ago. So there is a good chance imo that your little guy will be a fighter in no time ;) At least you have a good relationship with him at this stage. He needs all the support he can get LOL :)

This little fella just continues to amaze me! I have been feeding him up and excercising for a half hour every day and his colour is absolutely amazing! :drool: I would like to label him a turquoise lace, as the green on him has seriously deepened and is actually blue in different light, seriously! His tail is looking so much better too, its amazing how fast they grow! Will take a pic later this afternoon of my little boy, I'm so proud! :wub: Oh, and I have a matching true HM female in the shimpment that arrived yesterday! Yay! :cheer:

• 2 weeks later...

My little boy is growing up... :cheer:

Here's some pics I took tonight, I only got these ones before my camera died.. :cheer:

Posted Image

Posted Image

His tail seems to be growing well, I must be doing something right! :cheer:

He's a proper little man now, has settled in well, and is flaring like he should be. I'm very protective of him, and he gets the star treatment!

What does everyone think of him? :cheer:

Archived