Can someone help me with lighting?

Shirley

I recently made a post in the Community Tank thread about starting up a sorority tank and while the fish are fine. I'm struggling with the plants.
A majority of the plants in the aquarium right now are Giant Ambulia which I was told was a low light plant when I first bought them. But I've noticed that they're struggling and parts are beginning to melt. I've not had much experience with planted tanks and although I've tried to read up on lighting as much as i could, I'm not very clear on it and I'm not sure how to help my plants.

My tank is a Resun 600DM, it's 60 x 30 x 40 and it came with lights in the hood. I suspect the lights aren't strong enough to keep the plants alive but I don't know what I should be replacing them with or if I could. Most aquarium lights I see being sold are the type that plugs in, but the ones in this tanks hood are the screw-in type. I have no clue how many W they are.

Can anyone help me by telling me how many W I should be aiming for and any suggestions of bulbs for me to purchase?

I probably won't be much help but we have a 4ft & 3ft tank with LEDs. 20w is the 4ft & 15w for the 3ft. We have anubias on driftwood & amazon sword & all is going great, touch wood. :)