I love these heaters

rainbowfish

I bought 2 from local LFS a 10w and a 25w they also have a 50w

they are preset to 26c and non adjustable however unlike other non adjustable mini heaters (the black plastic type) these actually work better they are glass just smaller than the normal size heaters and fit in very small places and are a colour grey that dosnt stick out, easy to hide. Not sure how well they will work in the winter but if the house is warm they should be good. I have the 10w in a tiny 5L acrylic tank and the 25w in a halea 8L all in one tank and both read between 25c and 26c on cooler days. Normal room temp now is 25c anyway but the fish all seem happy. If your looking for something for a single betta tank or a very small tank I recomend these.

So just thought I would mention these in case you havn't seen them yet I think they are a new thing.

Sarah

I have found them the best of all the mini heaters Ive tried, and more reliable than the reptile mats they fluctuate the temperature too much, and the plastic ones cant seem to keep water above 24c. I am hoping more brands will bring out small heaters and eventually some adjustable ones. It is harder to keep temperature stable in small tanks anyway I still try and keep the room warm as much as possible and I find keeping the tanks in one area with lights etc generate enough heat to keep things more stable. I have got away with having unheated jars on a shelf with heated tanks around them and they seem to stay warm enough, until my barraks is done but I will always have individual display tanks to heat and I like them to look good without trying to jam some bulking great big heater in there.

• 4 weeks later...