Aplocheilus lineatus - Golden wonders/Gold panchax

Jess

Are in the spawn tank! They have been there since yesterday morning. No sign of eggs yet. I have a hunch they have been spawning flat out in the 4ft community tank, so no fast spawning here :cheer:

I just love these Killis, they grow so big and are surface swimmers. They jump out at you when it's feeding time to get live foods, and boy do they eat and poop too!

Info and pics :giggle:

http://www.killi.co.uk/SpeciesDetails.php?ID=145

It's a 2ft tank, bare bottom, & I am using a java moss mop, trimmed down to size and floating on the surface.

The male is very agressive and they are always have spasms at the java moss, no sign of eggs. hmm.. No embracing though. (That I have seen)

Hmmm.

Well done! You can easily keep more than one male per tank as long as you have twice as many spawning sites than males. These guys have huge mouths and they can eat smaller fish of any discription. When raising a batch of fry need to seperate the early developers regularly, otherwise you end up having 3-4 really well fed fry. I find some pairs can be egg eaters so check the mop 2-3 times a day.

These fish are real stunners. I remember some years ago they won best-in-show at the Royal Adelaide at least 2 years running. They are always moving around and out the front showing off. This golden strain is not the original wild stock, which is more more subtle in colours, but still a very attractive fish - I doubt they have been around for a long time. They are very avid egg-eaters, so I would suggest using spawning mops and checking them regularly Keith

Archived