Killifish Photos - ID pics - Pic heavy

KillieOrCory

Hi all,

As per Les' suggestion I am going to start a tread with killifish photos I took of my own fish over the years and recently. Feel free to add your photos, so that we might have a photo list of killifish in the country.

In no particular order:

Aphyosemion (Chromaphyosemion) biaeteniatum AMAR11

JCW_4078-2.jpg

Aphyosemion (Chromaphyosemion) biaeteniatum Lagos

IMG_2841-1.jpg

IMG_2837.jpg

Aphyosemion (Chromaphyosemion) poliaki

IMG_2148-1.jpg

IMG_2145-1.jpg

Edited by KillieOrCory

Nice :lol: More photos the better. I can help you with eggs of most whenever you want.

some more...

Aphyosemion (Fundulopanchax) cinnamomeum

IMG_2038-1.jpg

Aphyosemion (Fundulopanchax) deltaensis (deltaense)

IMG_2026-1.jpg

Aphyosemion striatum

IMG_1929-1-1.jpg

Aphyosemion calliurum AMAR11

JCW_42851-1.jpg

Aphyosemion australe Chocolate

Setup033-1.jpg

Rivulus urophthalmus

JCW_40541-1.jpg

uropthalmus3-1.jpg

Simpsonichthys constanciae

IMG_01891.jpg

I think that's about all the photos I have at them moment.

Excellent thread, it's great to see what's been and what's currently around... I'm a quiet Killi fan, when I get over this Betta thing I'll surely get some Killis

x

Cheers B-) You don't need to get over the Betta thing, you can just set-up one tank for killies! Just saying :lol:

Edited by KillieOrCory

I was so close to getting dageti recently but I just don't have the space. They are a nice looking fish. Here's a few more photos raided from my photobucket.

Aphyosemion australe gold male

K2.jpg

K4.jpg

Aphyosemion australe gold female

KF1.jpg

Aphyosemion striatum male

K7.jpg

Lagos female

KF2.jpg

A Sjoestedti USA Blue

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0952.jpg

I cant quite get the intense blue to show up in the pics they look quite diferent from normale Sjoetedti.

Cheers

Les

PS Thanks Serkan for starting an ID thred and to everyone contributing

Edited by les

What are you doing to me Serkan! Those Lagos are spectacular. :drool:

If they're laying eggs I wouldn't mind having a go at raising a few.

Going to have to take some photos of the other three pairs from you to. They are looking fat and happy tonight thanks to the black worms.

MJ.

With Ameiti eggs the trick is they need depth in there eggs, you cannot treat them like gardneri eggs.

Last season I was so lazy with my Ameitii eggs that I left the mop to just sink in a 2ft tank with a depth of 30cm and i found fry in the tank.

So the trick with ameitii eggs are two fold.

1. Don't pick them off the spawning mop

2. They need depth and good aeration to hatch.

Btw Sorry for not putting any pics up I am not the best photographer in this respect.

I did receive more F. Gardneri Makurdi and also A. Poliaki from AI the other day. And Serken then look slightly different to what you got and my earlier population as well so I think we have 3 diff populations in the country.

also A. Poliaki from AI the other day. And Serken then look slightly different to what you got and my earlier population as well so I think we have 3 diff populations in the country.

And here I go :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Thats awesome, I would like to get some of each type you have Davo, I love the Chromaphyosemion type killies.

David, see if AI can bring in some splendopleure as well in the future. They brought in some once. I think I have a photo of it in my old laptop. I'll dust it off and try to find it over the weekend.

Edited by KillieOrCory