New Killies for me...

davo

Ok, firstly for those that don't know A. Gardneri Makurdi German Bred is in the country..

Also I have got the following specially imported coming in at the end of the week:

Aphyosemion Bivattiatum Funge

Aphyosemion Gardneri Makurdi

Aphyosemion Walkeri

All are German Bred and raised..

Will let you all know how it all goes.

Awesome! If you are getting spares can I hassle you for some Funge and Walkeri :) would love to buy some off you.

I have Makurdi which were from AI not sure if they were German bred or not but I paid $80 per pair for them over a year ago.

Hi davo

I am interested in the Aphyosemion Gardneri Makurdi but have never kept killies. Is this to far a reach for a novice ? You know my experience in other areas.

Thanks

good you know we have another addition now right??

Hi All

Ok..

After little deliberation I have setup another 4 tanks in another part of the house :)..

This setup consist of

1/2 a 81cm shelve i got from bunnings $20.00

4x 30cm cubed tank $50 each

DIY LED Lights 84cm of 6500k white <3W $45.00

DIY LED Lights 20cm of UV <1W $30.00

A 2.5W air pump which does 1.5l/min and accessories $15.00

2x 15w silicon heaters (just to bump the temperature up)

Other expenses $12.00

Total cost $322

This will house the killies i will be getting

I have yet pimped the tanks up but it'll come tomorrow ;)

Hope you like it

DSCF0244.jpg

Edited by davo

Hey Davo

Nice I hope you get them spawning soon then the fry should be ready to sell by spring. Dont forget to let us know in the west what you have for sale when they are ready

CGood luck

Cheers

Les

Hi Everyone

Ok it's my last week of annual/paternity leave so I am desperately trying to get my killie setup reorganise..

DSCF0249.jpg

This is one of 3 sets of tanks I will be establishing..

From top to bottom the below photos consist of:

* 2 pairs of A. Australe (Chocolate) ..more in my main fishroom

* 2 pairs of A. Straitum ..more in my main fishroom

* 2 pairs of A. Australe (Germany 2012 shipment unknown strain)

* 2 pairs of A. Poliaki ..more in my main fish room

Top Tanks

* 7 males and 12 females of A. Walkeri (German Bred stock) GH2/74

* 5 males and 2 females of A. Bivattitum (Funge) (German Bred stock) and 2 pairs of A. Scheeli + fry

Bottom Tanks

* 13 pairs of A. Gardneri (Makurdi) German Bred

* A tankful of A. Gardneri (Akure) and a pair of A. Bivittiatum Lagos (xCol's stock)

I am also now trying to get new stock/ strains of:

* A. Gardneri P82

* A. Gardneri Gold

* A. Filamentosa

* A. Australe Cape Lopez

Hey Davo

My P82 have stoped laying since I have been laid up. maby they stoped becouse they havent had live food for the last couple of days. Anyway as soon as they start up laying again I will send you some eggs and if the fillamentosa start the same applys to them

Cheers

Les

Hey davo

I think thats a great idea keeping a divers gene pool. One of the origenal members of the aquarium society of Perth said to me recently that river fish like Killi didnt need genetical diversity as they could breed from small populations. I just noded and acted polite but I havent found any info on the net to back up his statement so I will keep with adding genetic diversity so the strains stay strong.

Cheers

Les

Hi David,

Looking great! Really looking forward to seeing the walkeri in person.

You might want to remove the scheeli from the Funge. They can be bossy and most Chromaphyosemions are more timid. I'd love you to breed heaps of Funge.

If you ever loose scheeli we have hundreds in Canberra, it is one of the killies most of us started with so we have a soft spot for it and continuously breed them. I can send you some if you ever need any more scheeli.

Serkan