atison betta starter

I will be away for 10days, so I bought the atison betta starter for my 3-4weeks old fry.

My friend will come over to feed them once a day, but she doesn't know how to hatch bbs....

I had keep trying for 3 days, only feeding the betta starter, but they never touch it....NEVER!

Anyone has a good suggestion?

I think Ness suggested in a thread that if you can't get your fry to eat non-live foods, you can introduce a Guppy fry or two and the Betta's should see them eating it and be more likely to give it a go.

Do you have access to any Guppy fry?

Bummer! Hmm... do you have any easier to feed live foods? Such as MicroWorms? I know they might not be as good as BBS, but they're better than starving little fishies. ):

Edited by Lilly

Could you set up a couple of BBS hatcheries and not put the eggs in. Then a couple of days in, your friend puts the eggs in and they hatch and then like 24 hours later a new batch which they can feed? You only really need to teach them how to collect the BBS, which is easy. But you'll also need a couple of hatcheries and some space to set them up. Or if your friend wouldn't mind too much, you could teach them.

Don't give up on the pellet feeding though, they'll eventually realise it's food sooner or later (hopefully sooner in your case). When are you going away?

Thanks everyone. I tried mix it with water first, but the fry just spit it out AGAIN....sigh....

afr3178, thanks! I teach her before, but seems like she is not getting it...

How about I hatch and collect ALOT of bbs, putting it in freshwater first? how long can bbs live in freshwater?

I will be away on Sunday, and come back 10 days later...