Aphyosemion Deltaense

les

I went over to see a killi Guru friend mine yesterday to drop of some fish and grindel worms and came back with this pair of A. Deltaense

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

A. Deltaense grows to about 10cm in length, It is a semi-annnual comming from swamps in a river delta that have a tendency to dry up. This species is a bottom spawner that uses peat and the incubation period for the eggs is around 84 days. The fry when hatched are large enough to be feed BBS and have a moderate growth rate. In the grow out tanks these fish can be pron to agresion if over crowding occures.

Personaly I think this Killi is on a par with Sjoestedti in the eye candy catagory.

Cheers

Les

Edited by les

Hey Razzi

They have now had two big feeds of blackworms and his couler is a lot more intence. I will put a heater in with them to spedd up there matabalism. I stuffed up my first atempt at putting the peat container in and ended up with it all over the floor of the tank, so a quick water change and I got it right the second time.

I will be happy with three or four pairs of these guys to play with they are realy interactive. as seen in the pic I left my finger in there and he came right up to it just to check it out, granted I had been playing with the blackworms so that may have had somthing to do with it.

Cheers

Les

Today was a first for me I have taken the peat tub out of the tank and vac the floor (these guys are messy in the bedroom):giggle: Wrung peat out and air dry for the day I spoted at least six eggs but wasnt looking hard, just put peat in a bag and marked with date they will take about 84 days for incubation and then they will be my first atempt at peat spawners.

Cheers

Les