Stocking suggestions for a 95L tank

Xsilver368

Hi there,

I will be aquiring a 95L tank in the next few weeks and am starting to have a look around at what I could put in there, I've got two male guppies and two mollies that will be going in there so what I choose will need to get along with them also how many fish can I fit in there as I don't want to be overstocking it.

Kind regards Jess

Yeah, judging by the photos they are as you say they are. I had to zoom in, but in pretty sure they are.

I'd suggest making a list of all the fish you would like to keep and slowly break it down depending on compatibility, size of the fish etc. good luck!

I reccommend Kuhli Loaches. They keep the tank nice and clean, and won't cause any trouble. I had mine with guppies and the guppies didn't bully them. I've never had mollies so not sure there, but as long as there are hiding places for the loaches it should be fine. (:

Actually, I think your choices might be limited because you have to mollies. They need some salt in their water and most fish don't like salt in their water, so you'll need to find things that can have salt in their water so they can stay in your tank. I'm pretty sure that without the salt, the mollies won't live as long.

Actually, I think your choices might be limited because you have to mollies. They need some salt in their water and most fish don't like salt in their water, so you'll need to find things that can have salt in their water so they can stay in your tank. I'm pretty sure that without the salt, the mollies won't live as long.

That's right, mollies are brackish fish and won't live as long generally in freshwater, they are more prone to problems as well. I kept a few in my marine tank and they ate more and grew faster IME.

So can you add aquarium salt into a tropical aquarium as a medication/preventative measure? or is this not needed? Sorry if this sounds silly, I wasn't aware, I thought that you could put salt into any aquarium but most of the info i've been reading up on has been for siamese fighters not other tropical fish.

Most of the time, all of our betta are in freshwater. When newly added, some people but salt in the tank as a preventative of disease. When bettas get beaten up and have bad fins, that's when we put salt in to help get better or whenever they have other diseases. It's like saline for humans :P

Mollies like marine salt in their tank, so that the specific gravity (salt concentration of water) of the tank is about 1.003-1.005. This is because of the mollies natural environment.

As mollies will dies quicker without salt, completely freshwater fish will die quicker with salt. The salt used for brackish (which mollies need) is different to the one used for disease treatment/prevention.

I'm pretty sure that's all right, but if someone seems something- correct me if I'm wrong :)