filtered betta barraks

lachie1998

Hi all

well now i am a better keeper :lol: im going to make myself a betta barracks for my plakats :bighug: the setup i was thinking of using was i make a large sized tank then silicone in coloured perspex dividers with slots in them for water movement. then behind the tank i would have a sump running the same lenght as the tank. so the water would go through all the tanks into the sump then be pumped into the first section then the cycle starts over again.

hope that makes scence :blink:

the setup i was thinking of using was i make a large sized tank then silicone in coloured perspex dividers with slots in them for water movement. then behind the tank i would have a sump running the same lenght as the tank. so the water would go through all the tanks into the sump then be pumped into the first section then the cycle starts over again.

hope that makes scence :blink:

My LFS has the exact same betta barracks for sale (same idea), except instead of coloured perspex they just use glass (can slide up down)I then siliconed on aquarium background so they can't see each other all day. I purchased one that houses 4 bettas with heater and water pump for $90. There are also ones that house 2 and 3 bettas.

Edited by Chi

• 5 weeks later...

If its helpful to anyone let me know, but i was drawing up plans to build from scratch for myself a diy betta barrack, im thinking pvc with drilled drip fittings, to drip into 1L macconna glass coffee jars, just need to figure out how to make a safe way for water to overflow without the fish being able to follow the water out and end up dead, any suggestions on that?, then have it all overflow gravity fed to a small planted sump filter, returned to tanks buy small pump and drippers.

If i can get someone to help me figure out how to make/mode the jars so they safely overflow, and a way to maybe set up a dump valve so you can do water changes from the sump not ea tank.

Once i figured those things out i will give it a go and document ea step.

The only way I see is to drill a hole where you want the water level to be. Only problem there is the shape and thickness of the glass. A lot of people use plastic beanie baby display boxes for their barracks. Have a search on the forum, there are a couple of examples floating around.