HI :) from Gympie QLD

Pixie

Hey Everyone :)

I've decided to start breeding betta again, I'm fairly inexperienced although had some success with some veiltails and crowntails a few years ago which was lots of fun!

In the next couple of weeks i'm hoping to snare a few pairs of pretty half-moon from Fish Chick Aquatics (Can anyone recommend them, or some one else?) and set myself up some nice tanks.

My partner and i strayed away from freshwater fish 3 years ago and started a mixed reef marine aquarium which is going strong and looking fabulous but is really more his thing than mine.

Can't wait to get started again! loving all your pictures and posts :)

Hi and welcome to the forum. You'll find that Fishchicks is a favourite here. She imports beautiful fish and is one of the key suppliers to betta hobbyists around Oz.

Have a look around, you'll find lots of infor regardng breedng and getting started again in the various pages on the site. Have a look in the "Articles" section from the homepage, and the pinned articles in each of the forums in particular. You can also search through the forums/posts if you have specific thopics that you are trying to "research".

FYI also.. there is another new member just signed last week up who is also from Gympie.

Welcome aboard

Welcome!!! never thought id see another gympie-ite betta breeder!!! I'm in the same boat, fairly experienced.. gave it away a yr or so ago.. jus getting back into it now :) if there anything you guys need, be it advice or help moving tanks ect gimme a buzz, ;) be quite happy to help and always lookin to meet local breeders :D

Thanks guys :) Had a read around last night and realised a lot of you purchase from Fish Chick so that's awesome.

I just laughed at "I'm in the same boat" because a few minutes ago i was reading that we're expected to have another big flood toward the end of the month and could well actually be in the same boat. haha.

I recently met a lady from herewho was a big betta enthusiast and noticed she used to post on here as "debstep" but she gave it away also, she purchased our reef aquarium from us last week.

Would love to see some pics of your fish and set up betta_hobbyist

lol yer it is expected to flood again very soon, predicted to peak at 24 meters or sumthin :dontknow: I havent actually got any fish atm :( building a fish room soon tho.. funds are a problem atm, soo many things need doin not enough cash :( but it will all be happenin in the coming few months :D Have promised a few people pics of the whole process from start to finish :)

Wash your mouth out dude- do NOT want another flood.. :(( Don't even THINK the word, the one last week ripped straight through our house, we sat up the top of the driveway, cats, dogs, goats, yes.. even the betta-kids... with the bits and pieces we managed to wade out with.

We live downstream from you guys... kinda... at Gootchie, just north of Glenwood... that overpass/overflow at Gutchy Ck?.....follow it down a km, n look for the bubbles... hahaha :wacko:

Good to have more Ausaqua folk in the area :bighug:

Okay, sat glued between watching water rising and checking da B.O.M all day, minor flooding here so far- just creeping into the bottom of the house yard... looks like a break in the rain now... hoping.. hoping...

you might find us all roosting on top of your hill.... if we can get past Curra :D

ROFL I always swear I'll cut the fences and camp among the macadamia trees on the nut farm opposite- we tell everyone we are the REAL nut farm anyway... They mightn't appreciate goats among the macadamia trees tho... At least the wee Betta-guys don't eat trees :blink:

Look forward to seeing and hearing about your finny-kids :drool: