Getting Killi eggs next week

les

I have taken the plunge in to Killis

I recently won a bid on OZ Fishy Bids for some A. gardeneri ( Udi Berge) Thank you David. so now with a tank set up I will follow the instructions on Serkans thread and hopfully have some pics to share. If anyone has any helpfull tips about hatching and keeping I am more than willing to listen and learn.

Cheers

Les

Hi Davo

I have every thing set up as per your log for tghe arivel of the eegs. I have Micro worms and Grindel worms all the time but will they eat black worms?

could you tell how hard is C. bitaeniatum to hatch and keep? I realy love the look of them and and I read they are one of the larger Killis is that right?

Thanks for your time

Cheers

les

OK Davo

I must be getting mixed up with who is who, I thought you where killiorcory I must be getting a bit of oldzymers happening (Wine , Medications, over fifty)

So Killi or cory if you are reading this can you tell me a little about the keeping of C, Bitaeniatum?

I wil register with Killi Australia so I get as informed as posible

Cheers

Les

No worries Les :D

Biateniatum are relatively easy to keep and breed. Fertile eggs hatch with ease. The fry are smallish though. I currently have Lagos, AMAR11, JF and X. They are all slightly different in terms of colour and pattern. I currently also keep poliaki, which is a different species within the same sub-genus. There is also bivittatim Funge, which is also another species. The latter is all in WA at the moment.

BIT (biateniatum) need to be mature to get good number of fertile eggs. They usually start spawning at an early age (5-6months) but I usually wait until the fish are 9 to 12 months old before I check the mops.

LAGOS

JCW_41721-1.jpg

young LAGOS - above fishes son

IMG_2837.jpg

AMAR11

JCW_4078-1.jpg

LAGOS RED or Sydney Lagos

IMG_2765-1.jpg

Edited by KillieOrCory

No worrys Sarah, The more questions asked the more we all know and the better we are prepared. I recone if I put up a new rack in the garage I could get at least another nine tanks in there maby even more. I checked out poliaki and they are quite nice but the AMAR11 is ammazing, If all goes well with the gardneri I will definatly be after some more types.

Cheers

Les