Repashy Gel Foods

shadoh

There has been a lot of talk about the Repashy gel foods on the IBC forums of late. It is said this is a more natural way to feed your betta fry (and other types of fish, shimp etc - depending on the formula used), as it will last in your tank up to 24-48 hours and allows your fry to graze.

I was wondering whether anyone knows if there is an Australian distributor? I'd love to give this stuff a try for myself.

Here is the list of ingredients for the "meat pie" formula that US breeders have been using on their betta fry:

INGREDIENTS: Whole Sardine Meal, Whole Squid Meal, Whole Krill Meal, Pea Protein Isolate, Dried Brewers Yeast, Carrageenan Algae, Konjac, Carob Bean Gum, Dried Kelp, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Propionate, Dicalcium Phosphate,Taurine, Spirulina Algae, Phaffia Rhodozyma Yeast, Paprika Extract, Calendula Flower Powder, Marigold Flower Extract, Rose Hips Powder, Turmeric Root Powder, Malic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Canthaxanthin, Potassium Sorbate, Magnesium Gluconate, Lecithin, Rosemary Extract and Mixed Tocopherols (as preservatives), Vitamins (Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D Supplement, Choline Chloride, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Beta Carotene, Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B-12 Supplement).

Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein min. 55%, Crude Fat min. 7%, Crude Fat Min 6% Max 8%, Crude Fiber max. 6%, Moisture max. 8%, Ash max. 9%, Calcium min. 1.5%, Calcium max. 2.5%, Phosphorus min. 0.75%.

Basement Bettas video of fry feeding on Repashy food:

Read Basement Bettas full review here

General video on the use of Repashy food from tedsfishroom.com

Wouldn't it make feeding so much easier while we are all off at work!!?

The good thing is that it can be moulded to any shape. Can see some of the more artistically minded people using chocolate moulds. What about a mould in the shape of a piece of driftwood....

Hmmm, might be an idea for a new business venture here... Aquarium gel food moulds :D

I make my own gel foods, I can't see what binding agent they use. I don't add any chemicals to mine though besides a vitamin supplement, I use a variety of fresh foods such as prawns, squid, fish, sweet potatoe, carrot, peas, bok choi, lettuce, spinach ect. Pretty much what I have available. Would this be workable? From what age do they feed it? Not sure if it's in the video, I'm at school.

Just received my answer from Allen Repashy himself regarding his companies foods here in Australia. At this stage, there is no Australian distributor and due to our import regulations, it is next to impossible for buyers to get the product shipped over themselves.

In the meantime, it will be interesting to watch the growth rates the US breeders get from using this food :D