My Giants

MrPlakat

I've been collecting some giants over the last month, I've never owned or bred them before and they were offered at a great price. The only catch was I couldn't meet the breeder/importer or choose the stock, the liason just noted what my colour prefrences and sex were. The only choices were HM and Deltas and apart from some nipped tails they were awesome specimens, I don't know their age or if they were imported/local bred?

the pics are linked because I 'm not too sure on how to reduce the size in posts :confused:

Giant Blue with Red Wash PK Male

He's my first and my biggest! He was advertised as HM but I think he just has a large round tail.

Giant Cambodian HMPK Male

His tail is slowing growing back, it looks like crowns are appearing but I'm not sure on that?

Giant Pineapple HMPK Female

This girl has massive finnage!

Giant Bi-Colour Delta Female

I'm really enjoying the Giants experience but they really are huge and hungry! The boys are very lively.

Giants rock!:lol:

Edited by MrPlakat

They sure do consume a lot of food and with that comes a lot of by product Ammonia. What are you feeding your giants on? I love the last fish but they are all nice in there own way

Cheers

Les

Edited by les

Thx for your comments all:D. I'm currently feeding frozen bloodworms(sparingly) & sera vipagran while I prepare to start a blackworm tank and rear some BS.

The boys will take anything but the girls became stubborn since they tried bloodworms. Your not wrong Les, their appetites are monstrous and I siphon the

waste on a daily basis. Do you own giants and if so what do you feed yours?

Yes I've set up my old 3ft tank to spawn them, I'll be asking the seller this weekend if he can get me the brothers of the girls or at least a good yellow male.

Hey Mr P

Yes I have giants But I feed live food to all my Batta, they get Black worms, Grindel worms, Mozzie lava the giants realy like very young cherry shrimp and freshly born guppies along with the pre-mentioned items and they are all very easy to produce your self. Good luck with the breeding

Cheers

Les