The local and not so local Tip

les

Well my Dad, Brother, Nephew and I went on a tip run to dump some rubish so after offloading we went to the resalable area and I found a 2foot tank with a crack in it for $5 afet that find my brother sugested we carry on to another tip and see what was there as he hadnt fund anything he wanted (Filling Cabinate) so of we go, on arivel and steping from the car I spoted Five Tanks One 3 foot, 2 X 2Foot and 2 X 1 Foot one of the two footers had a broken panel so I got all of them for $30. It took me a whole day to strip them down wash and steralize them, and another day to re silicone and add runs for dividers for the 2 X 2Fotters so they can be used as spawning tanks the rest can just hold fish I allready have and another grow out tank, so my brother never got his filling cabinet as the back of the rover was full of fish tanks :giggle: I do recomend if you are on a budget to visite the tip as it is a great way to recycle and aafter a while if you can mix and match glass from two brocken tanks it can still be less than a new one, just remember to strip and steralize

Cheers

Les

Hi Kertaz

well if I cant manage to get a razerblad down the seem I have some realy thin wire that I used on my Bee hives, I twist it around two stickes and work it in between the glass panels once one is lose the rest come off easy, Then I use a razer blde to cleen off most of the old silicone then give it a wash in biodegradable washing liquid then aply vinigar and use the razor again for any stuborn bits the vinigar takes off the scale as well, after that its back in to hot water with a litle bit of tea tree oil in it and then they are dried once dry you can resilicone ( if there are some bits that wont come of add the vinigar then some Bi Carb and the cemical reaction will losen it )

I hope this explains it as I have found this to be the best method for me

Cheers

Les

@ Nana Joe

Your right about cleaning the house with those three items. We dont have half the expence as my wifes friend across the road her cleaning bill is off the charts with the chemical cleaners she buys

@ Kertaz

Make sure the wire is the finest you can find the Bees wire I use is as fine as cotton

Cheers

Les