multiple male question

Matt_95

Hey Guys,

In my sorority I have 2 male bettas, I have to move all the fish to smaller tanks whiel I have the floor re-tiled and I want to know if they are seperated will they fight when re-introduced? They have only been seperated when they were shipped to me as females. They arn't very atractive males so I don't want to have to set up tanks for them both, if they wont go back together I will have to give them away. what do you guys think?

I'd think there'll be risks involved if you do mix them up again. But that depends on their personality, though.

If they do fight, is it possible for you to get a guppy breeder net or something to house one within the main tank?

they are fine now, they act just like the females, never fight. Its one of those rare cases when they get along. Out of sight out of mind to I suppose, the tank is so dense sometimes fish dissapear for a few months.

Or was that for after I put them in different tanks?

Technically it isn't a sororiaty if you have males in it (more like a frat party really *lol* )

Once they have been seperated, I don't think they will be as peaceful. So because they aren't attractive it doesn't matter what happens to them? I thought you were going to hide your ugly males in your closet Matt?! *lol*

Give it a go, I know you don't have the freedom to get more tanks to house more bettas, but have a backup plan (like a divider, floating fry trap or something) if things go pear shaped. Nothing worse than standing by helpless and watching your fish kill one another...

Thats what I was thinking as well, I think they don't fight because they have been together their entire lives.

Of course not, I just have a linited amount of tanks and don't want to have to waste space on fish I don't find aesthetically pleasing, I would find them homes with responsible people who do like them. One might be a good breeder though, they are siblings from my chocolate dragon and I might try it with the black dragon female you gave me.

I was sitting there for 5 minutes thinking, what the hell is a floating fly trap? The nI realised it said fry. Thats a good idea, I'll need to get one.

Thats like my excuse for everything!!!!

Thanks Jarrod, I've started thinking of my tank as a frat party now!

I wonder why they don't ever spawn?

If I transfered them to a bucket for a few hours and put them back into the tank when it was re-set up somewhere else do you think they would still be peaceful?

P.S theres an e in Blonde.