new angel fish

Matt_95

Thanks, I really like him/her, its realy inteligent, more so than a betta IMO, maybe I just think that because its eyes move. I'm hoping to get 5 more. They are absolutly amazing! Very friendly towards me, new fish usually take a while to warm up to me. This would have to be my favourite colour, I think I shoal of 6 would look amazing in my tank :drool:

• 2 months later...

Just and update on these guys, I was doing some trimming and I found some eggs on my A. ulvaeus, they were eating them >.< not many left probabaly between 50 and 100. They are flaoting in a take away container, no idea what to do now eek. Any tips? At least I now have a proven pair :D

multicure as a last resort (it has malachite green in it).....

You need to keep a good water flow over the eggs so an air stone slowly bubbling near the eggs should help keep the water moving..... once the fry hatch they will hang on with a tiny thread to the leaf but can become detached and fall to the bottom.... useful to put them in a nylon sieve with an air stone under it to keep water moving and not let them stay still on the bottom.....

once they are free swimming you are fine to start feeding them up on bbs or mw or ve.....

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/breeding/angelfish.php

" Once the eggs have been layed theplastic can be moved to another tank or the pair can be removed and the inlethose can then be placed over the eggs to provide water circulation and supplyoxygen. Methylene blue or malachite green are sometimes added to the water toprevent fungi or bacteria from growing on the eggs." - http://www.breedingaquariumfish.com/breeding_angel_fish/

x

be careful of power filters and their spray bars and inlet hoses.... you don't want to blast the eggs and developing fry off the leaf or whatever they're attached to.....

forgot to ask... did the parents attack you? Mine are savage if you try to take their eggs away....

I found the dosages for multicure, 0.125ml per litre. Will have to use that.

They layed more eggs :D so many lol

I'll be using an air stone in a 4 litre jar. Can't figure out how to secure the leaf though....

They are very friendly actually, didn't mind at all. Will be using MW as thats all I have on hand.

Pictures of the parents are being downloaded.

Here are the piccies. As you can see my tank is a mess, its currently a holding tank for the many plants I have collected, half of it is tacken up by a giant lotus. That thing is massive! Its tacken over *lol*

Male

IMG_6129.jpg

Female, you can see her egg tube

IMG_6120.jpg

IMG_6122.jpg

The pair

IMG_6126.jpg

Eggs

IMG_6121.jpg

Very nice pics! Lots of eggies there. :)

*Had lost comment, Matt asked what I thought said I went to comment, didn't publish and changed the page. He then went all meany-pants on me and told me to come back and write it again... pshhhhh...*

:poke: Happy?

Edited by Sarah

If you don't have a piece of glass or a flat stone or anything else.... tie a rock on the bottom of it then and if you have chopsticks or wooden skewers thread them down the sides of the gutter guard to keep it a bit stable...

Edited by fishbites