Egg Tumbler

les

I was just wondering (as I have seen in some threads where members have had dificulty with males eatting eggs or eggs being left on the bottom) wether or not an egg tumbler would help in this situation? as I have the chance of getting one for Nics the air flow can be ajusted so that the eggs barly move but there is good circulation also how would it go with mouth brouders can you strip them like cichlids and put the eggs in a tumbler? could it be worth having

Cheers

les

definetly, although you prob dont need something fancy a takeaway container with an airhose would do the tick as well.

When i hatched eggs cause the male kept eating them i used a breeder net with a bit of riccia and an airline in it the eggs clinged to the riccia and hatched, tho there where some that didnt hatch.

Not sure about egg tumblers for bubble nester's eggs Les...

but....

would definitely work for mouth brooders eggs..... last lot I stripped from patoti I just used a double nylon sieve with an air stone under them but an egg tumbler would work nicely too..... just need to make sure the tumbler has a mesh at the top to stop wayward eggs floating out the top ....

Les, yes you can strip macrostoma - just need to get the timing right with them..... and then raise the eggs/fry yourself.....

Both major wholesalers are bringing in macrostoma at the moment - get your LFS to check with Bay Fish or Aquarium Industries (AI has lower prices at the moment) and order a pair for you....

Thanks wayne

Ill ask my mate Jason if he can order a pair then he buys through Bayfish and he was asking me if I wanted anything to give a cal if they are doing bulk and the price is low enough then im in

Thanks wayne you have been a great help

Cheers

Les