My Crown tail Male and Halfmoon female pair

Hey all,

Just sharing my photos of my Crown tail (He has a four ray extension) - Picture is a bit blur as he was showing his stuff to his "tango" partner

5966138021_2029c043eb_z.jpg

Hoping to breed with this female Halfmoon. (Possible offspring will of course be a nice surprise when I get around to put them into the spawning paddock)

5966696940_e63b4d06bd_z.jpg

Sarah,

I love to achieve a more half moon finnage (180 degrees) into the crowntail shape. Possibly a dark blue colour body with red finnage(aiming to get a crown tail pattern as close to the black orchid pattern).

Or at least getting some bicolor to add a bit of character. But, truth to be known when it comes to the offspring. They may come out totally different. (Cross fingers one or two will have full two rays extension)

Something as close to this bicolor Crowntail pattern. :P

My link

That's a nice pair you have there :)

With this pairing you'll get dark bodied fish with red fins with varying amounts of blue iridescence through their fins and body. You won't get full ray extensions, but should achieve nice full finnage with varying ray reduction coming close to HM. If you were to breed 2 of the offspring, you will get some of the cambodian (lighter body) type back looking somewhat like the photo in the link you sent as well as better ray extension/webbing reduction. :D

Good luck :)