Help Canister Filter

Tara

Hi

Could someone please help I picked up a 4ft tank today and it come with a canister filter which I'm pretty sure was working. Ive got it home set up the tank and I have water everywhere its coming out the top and side's of the canister what have I done wrong?

Does it have a sealing rubber ring around the top? Is the rubber not sealing correctly? Have you closed all clips correctly? Have you closed the clip (if it has one) to lock the hoses into the head unit? are all hoses connected correctly? Is the canister cracked?

that's all I can think of that will cause puddles....

Thanks guys. I dont know what I did, but would it have been possible for air or something to build up inside on the car trip. I undid the top, pulled hoses off and put them back on. I got it when I picked up a 4ft tank for $200 with decorations gravel and about 8 fish was told it was a JB103. Anyway it kept leaking water pouring out everywhere I was just about to give up i pushed the prime button( big blue button on top of the canister) I think thats what it is called a few more times and it just started working. Thanks Again