A Dragonfly Was Too Close...

Sarah

This little dragonfly was too close to me when I saw it in the garden, so I grabbed it.

I'm quite proud of this photo if I may say so myself, it was taken on a little point & shoot camera. :photo:

dragonfly.jpg

I had another photo that was really good, front on view, you could really see the detail of its eyes, but I accidentally deleted it, and I'm NOT happy. Didn't even get a chance to put it on the computer. :((

Anyway, I fed this cutie to Aristotle Axolotl.. I know, that was mean (please don't be mad), but I haven't found any live worms in a few days, so this was a great opportunity to give him something live.

He literally lept out of the water and grabbed it. It didn't even touch the water surface.:o I wish I got a video of that, it was really cool!

I thought I'll mention that they don't live very long anyways.:devil:

Natural selection!! if that dragonfly was ment to live it wouldnt of been so slow to begin with.. think of it this way your stopping that slow ass dragonfly from reproducing and tainting its species with its slowness....

Wouldn't quite put it that way, but it was slow enough for me to be able to grab it with my hands.

Probably would have been eaten by a bird anyway. :)

I'm still not happy I deleted that photo. <_<

I agree with Neffy. If you weren't meant to catch it you wouldn't have. If it wasn't meant to be eaten by Aristotle then it would have got away. No worse than feeding live mozzie wrigglers or BBS to your fish I say! Nice pic too, love the amount of detail you can see.

Thanks BettaObsessed, I'm perfectly fine with feeding live food, just wasn't sure if somebody had different ideas - we are all different! :D

Aristotle Axolotl is pretty happy with himself, prancing about the cute thing. :wub: