Rat Tubes In The Tank

Kiinks

I kept wanting to build some sort of a maze for my bettas (I used to have a rat and I miss her, and now treat the fish like a rat =] ) So my partner suggested that I could put in the old clear rat maze tubes that were in the rat cage. So I cleaned them out and put them in the tank, and hid some peas in there for both the catfish and the bettas. One of them freaked out the first time she swam in because she got stuck and didn't know what to do, so I had to help her out and make them shorter in length. But now they love the tubes and check them frequently for food =] I just like to keep things exciting for my fish. Has anyone seen anything else a little different or bizarre in a tank?

AquariumRatTubes01.jpg

Yeah PVC tubes were recommended for me to use for the bristlenoses, but I just didn't think they looked too attractive, and they already have caves, which the bettas tried to take over! Rat tubes just look more fun =] I'm pretty sure can can by them separately in some of the larger pet stores. Yeah I've seen things like the fish highway before, though I don't really think the fish tank sink is real... I'm also building an iMacQuarium right now, though it's turing out to be a rather slow process. Does anyone know if there any special paints you can use that are aquarium safe? Or some sort of seal coating that is safe?