Divided Tank

tracey6565

Not sure if this is the right place to put this one, I'm sure it'll be moved if not. (thanks Lisa)

I'm at work surfing in a spare moment or two and look what I found. You'll have to scroll down the page to see what I'm referring to. :drool::drool:

http://www.aussietraders.com.au/For-Sale/8ft-divided-tank-stand_Queensland_Gatton_45492.html

I bought one off Sara with a steel stand if anyone is interested I'm looking to sell it as I don't want to move it to my new house next year. Each compartment is connected, the water goes over one divider and under the next if that makes sense :)

If I'm not mistaken they were pretty simple in design. Basically just a long divided tank. Each compartment had to be water changed separately. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Yep that's the one. I'm sure there are better systems but I just loved the size of this. There are lots of divided tanks out there but most IMHO don't give each Betta a large enough space.

"There are lots of divided tanks out there but most IMHO don't give each Betta a large enough space." Agreed :( Its why Im trying to think up a design.. my current barracks has issues and Im tired of trying to fix them <_< *off topic complain* :P

@kristin did you use the tank? How was the design? I understand about the dividers, but did you have any issues with the design? Im trying to think of another good barracks setup :)

I used it for a while, I thought it was good because it shares water it's easy to filter and heat each compartment. I am currently setting up a smaller one that will fit in my new house :) The only thing needed is a bit of mesh where the water flows over the dividers to stop the fish flowing over to the next compartment.