What to do with the babies...

delyall

Hmmm... silly me <_< I bought three guppies a while ago thinking 'oh itll be cute, they can have babies and Ill just let them eat some and work out what to do with the rest later' ...

There are soo many babies! None seem to have gotten eaten, I even put some in with my bettas, and they couldnt care less about them..

So what do you do with the babies? Do you just give them to a pet store? I cant imagine there would be much interest here for selling mutt guppies :blush:

Put in a fish pond and put the excess in there.... advertise them in a local school newsletter for free or minimal cost.... donate them to a nursing home or respite centre for residents to watch / feed / etc.... lots of ways to move extra fry.... or ask a LFS to do a swap - fish for food / gear......

Pet shops will usually take them, they wont give you much for a bag full but atleast you can get rid of them. Next time you go into the petshop ask them if they would like a bag of guppies and they might give you some shop credit for it. I usually ask all the pet shops and they offer money for them, I have still got mine though as the female fighters are keeping the population down for me :)

I vote for the oscar idea though :lol:

Oh wonderful! Thank you, really :D

An oscar would definitely be awesome right now :P

Ill be trying all these out.. I just looked in my tank a moment ago and noticed a newly born mass of guppy fry :(( I thought both my females had their babies around the same time, apparently not.. very very cute, but soo many of them :((

Edited by delyall