Breeding Bars on Boys

Yanagi

My question is.. WHY? :P

The more I look around on AquaBid and in stores, the more I keep seeing boys with the classic vertical bars.

Could it be related to the marble gene? One of my fry has started to get the bars as well, but it also marbling out in some spots. Other times I see it on males that show no signs of 'marbling'.

Typical, I went looking for what I meant and couldn't find a single example on AB! Granted, I couldn't be bothered going through all of the HMPK, I did search the HMs, Deltas/ Super Deltas, DTs and the first couple of pages of HMPK.

There was a thread on here quite some time ago, someone I think brought home a HM from one of the SBG and he barred up... Oh I just found it on another tab, Charlie's fish. Hope she doesn't mind me re-sharing this pic.

IMG_3044.jpg

yeah I know it wasnt until I put him in his tank he went silly slammed into the side then the vertical bars came up I've never seen anthing like it .

I had the same on blue males from F1 of Blue male X white female. The black layer on F1 wasn't strong because of the white mother and that's why the bars become visible as opposed to a blue x blue. I suppose this is the case for Charly's fish above, the black layer is almost absent, and the blue colour is on a light background.

Cheers all!

Mihaela